Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > data backup before downlaoding update as...
data backup before downlaoding update as reminder box suggests?

2120 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-15 11:05:00

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    gary para
    2017-09-30 16:35:34
     Where can I find the "how to" on backing up data before downloading new updates, as reminder box suggests?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-10-01 00:09:30 (Reply to:gary para)

I read that backing up one specific car make from the scan folder no longer works after you have already updated to the newer one and don't like the newer one, delete it and re paste the older version , you may no longer have authorization to access the older software

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    jandrautosports

2017-10-08 07:34:13 (Reply to:gary para)

Im having a similar problem but it looks like im not alone, autel is very very dark on the subject of how to properly back up thier units. in my case i made a full back up of my system a month before my license expired and two months later the whole stysem crashed. it wont boot up at all just a back lit screen no logo nothing. its almost as if autel has engineered the software this way. this site if covered with people that are having the same issue. by the way my supposed back up doesn't do anything. the system that is dead is my max sys mini. i went without for a couple months but recently picked up a maxsys pro thinking it may be better. Guess what? wouldn't boot up right out of the box! after 9 re-starts i was able to get it to come up and stay up long enough to update the main system. now it works but is very glitchy. autel says they will be happy to "fix" my older unit if i pay them 600 bucks for a new licence then mail them my old unit but they would simply send me a new one which has half the capability of my old one. apparently after telling us this unit would do all kinds of applications and after many law suits they downgraded our units through updates. in essence stealing from us. my advice? if you can manage a real back up do it then lock your unit so they cant screw it up with an "accidental update" as for me im sending this pro unit back just as soon as i can actually reach someone in autel support. this from past experience should only take 6 phone calls, five messages, two transfers and about 4 weeks.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    pistonpin

2017-10-15 11:05:00 (Reply to:jandrautosports)

I asked this while chatting with customer service the other day and was given this as our only instruction by tech support, after the guy Ersina emailed tech support my concern as follows:
    "Hi I have a customer that would like to know if their is a procedure to back up his tool? He would like to back up his car software on data on to a SD card. Do you guys have instructions on how to do it? More and more customers ask us daily since they see the message in the tool about doing it. Thank you."
    The reply from Vivian Tang  at tech support was this:
    "To back up the software of Maxisys, please ask customer to connect his maxisys to computer by USB cable and then copy the folder called Scan to computer as backup."
  Total1 Pages